Adored by women all over Australia, a thong offers the perfect mix of comfort with practicality. Being one of the boldest pieces of apparel in the lingerie category, thongs can be a wonderful addition to any wardrobe. However, picking the right one matters a lot, and size can go a long way in adding to women’s comfort.
As more and more Aussies learn and explore their fashion, demands rise, and the lingerie industry that constitutes bikini bottoms, thongs, and other pieces of underwear is expected to grow in the coming years. Here’s a list of reasons why women all over the country prefer this type of underwear over all others:
- They are extremely comfy, provided they are the right fit, and women who wear jeans, skirts, or pants won’t find a problem with such underwear. It’s way better than all the other undergarment options with the thick fabric and the material not being compatible with the skin.
- Another benefit would be the way they don’t show any visible lines beneath the pants or jeans. Hence, buy one and get rid of an extra thing to worry about when out in public.
- It’s a more hygienic option compared to most underwear types in the Australian market. Tight underwear can lead to many health issues like a chafing of the skin, irritation, or other problems.
- Plus, they make women feel confident about themselves instantly. Try one out and see how the body exudes confidence no matter the place, whether it’s in the office or at the gym.
With that being said, here are some of the things to consider the next time one’s in the shop looking to buy a thong:
- Finding The Right Fit: Not all manufacturers make underwear with the standard size that fits all. Some may be made differently compared to the rest. The best way to gauge this is to check for the manufacturer’s label and look up the measurements before purchasing. It’s also important to note that women need to accurately measure their hips and the waist. The right size must be loose enough to offer a certain degree of movement but not too tight that it starts digging into the skin, causing irritability. Try raising the size a level from the measured value to get a comfortable fit. The more comfortable thongs are, the more confident a woman will feel wearing it.
- Choosing The Type: There are thousands of designs available in the Australian market that come in a myriad of sizes and fabrics. However, the right type will also depend on functionality, and customers must first know where they will wear it. For casual wear, cotton lace is the best option as the material isn’t too thick and it provides a good degree of stretchability. Try going for silk or even satin fabrics if eye candy is the goal. For tight formal dresses, opt for high cut designs that reduce the risk of any panty lines. As for the colour, avoid going for brightly coloured ones like neon green or bright red, as they may be visible under the clothes worn.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles and designs, and finding the right fit will take some time. Also, it might do good to remember that everyone is built differently. What looks good for women with slim bodies may not look as good for curvy women. The same goes for women with wide hips compared to those with a narrower width. Learning what fits well for the body can be a game-changer for personal confidence and looks. When in doubt, grab a few friends and go shopping together and let them decide what to buy.