Law is a very respected profession when it comes to India as well as abroad. The CLAT Exam opens its doors for admission to 22 National Law Universities in India. It makes the law aspirants eligible to get admitted to some good private colleges for law as well. The best part about pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in law is that the law students become eligible to pursue a career in all three organs of the government, the legislature, the executive, and the judiciary. Also, after pursuing a law degree, one becomes eligible to venture into the private world and work with various corporate companies.
After taking the CLAT Exam and getting into a good law college, one widespread misconception is that one can only practice as a lawyer or become a judge. The scope of pursuing different fields becomes narrow. But, this is not the case. CLAT Exam is the road that opens the path to numerous and diverse career options.
Career options after CLAT
- Litigation: This remains the most sought-after option after the students complete their undergraduate or post-graduation after taking the CLAT Exam. Litigation is when law graduates enter into the public court system and become eligible to file complaints and resolve disputes. One can practice either under any of the state high courts or Supreme Court and under a private law firm.
- Corporate sector: After clearing CLAT Exam and after completing the 3 or 5 year LLB course, NLU’s and other good private colleges also offer on-campus placement to various Multinational companies, private companies, and law firms in some cases. The companies which provide placements and decent packages to law graduates are Surana and Surana, Luthra and Luthra, Amarchand and Mangaldas, KPMG, Wipro, etc. Due to the increasing demand for legal representatives in their organizations and companies, various IT companies have begun to hire law graduates, thus increasing their career options.
- Judge: It is one of the most respectable and dignified career options after pursuing a law degree. Law graduates can become public officers in the law courts and practice law in an actual courtroom. To become a judge in any of the courts, clearing the judicial level examinations after graduation is mandatory. Without clearing this exam, one cannot become a judge or a judicial magistrate.
- Professor: After clearing the CLAT Exam and after completing graduation or post-graduation in law, one can also study further and complete their Ph.D. or Doctorate in any field of law, corporate law, criminal law, civil law, etc. Thus, through this, one can venture into the teaching field and become a professor in any of the reputed law colleges or law schools.
- Indian corporate law services: The Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam to recruit law graduates in the Indian Civil Services. It is a highly respected and stable career option for those who have cleared the CLAT Exam. A similar exam is also conducted at the state level by the respective State Public Service Commissions.
Every year around 77,000 students take the CLAT Exam, and this number is fast increasing. Thus, the opening up of diverse career options after one completes their graduation is crucial. This helps more law graduates get a decent earning and stable job and acts as an incentive for more students to take the CLAT Exam in the future and enter into the field of such a respectable and significant profession, especially in today’s time.
Check out the latest CLAT 2022 exam dates at https://www.shiksha.com/law/clat-exam-dates