A fitted picnic table cover is a great way to protect your picnic table from the elements and keep it looking good for years to come.
A fitted picnic table cover is a great way to protect your picnic table from the elements. You can make your own fitted picnic table cover using a few simple materials and tools.
A fitted picnic table cover can be a great way to protect your picnic table from the elements and keep it looking its best. You can make your own fitted picnic table cover easily and cheaply with a few yards of fabric and some basic sewing supplies.
Have you ever gone to a picnic only to find that the table is covered in ants or other bugs? Or maybe you’ve found that the table is too hot to sit at because it’s been sitting in direct sunlight. If so, then you know how annoying it can be to not have a proper fitted picnic table cover. Luckily, it’s easy to make your own! In just a few minutes, you can create thee custom fitted picnic table covers that will keep your picnic table clean and protected from the elements.
What you’ll need:
- 1 yard of fabric (cotton works well)
- Sewing machine (optional)
- Cut the fabric into a rectangle that is twice the width of your picnic table and four times the length. For example, if your table is six feet long and three feet wide, then you’ll need a piece of fabric that is twelve feet long and six feet wide.
- Fold the fabric in half lengthwise so that it is now only six feet long and three feet wide.
- Iron the fabric so that it lies flat.
- Sew a seam down the center of the fabric, from top to bottom. If you don’t have a sewing machine, you can hand-sew this seam or use fabric glue to hold the sides together.
- Cut two pieces of string or ribbon that is each four feet long.
- Tie the string or ribbon around each end of the fabric tube, so that it forms a loop.
- Place the cover over your picnic table and secure it in place by tying the strings or ribbons around the legs of the table.
And that’s it! Your picnic table is now protected from bugs, sun, and rain. Enjoy your meal!
Tips for making picnic table cover:
Use a waterproof or water-resistant fabric for best protection from the elements:
- PVC-coated fabric
If you want to add a bit of decoration to your cover, try using a patterned fabric or adding some appliqués. You can also add fringe or other trim around the edges.
If you want to add a design or pattern to your cover, you can do so by using fabric paint or markers:
- Fabric markers
- Fabric paint
For extra protection, you can add a layer of batting or interlining between the fabric layers. This will help to insulate the table and protect it from scratches.
You can also use a fitted picnic table cover to protect your patio furniture from the elements. Simply make the cover larger than your table and place it over your chairs and sofa as well.
If you’ll be using your picnic table cover outdoors, you may want to add grommets or eyelets to the fabric so that you can tie it down in windy conditions:
- Heavy-duty string or cord
When not in use, your picnic table cover can be stored in a dry, cool place. If it becomes wrinkled, you can iron it on the low setting to remove the wrinkles.
A picnic table cover is a great way to protect your furniture from the elements and keep it looking its best. You can make your own fitted picnic table cover easily and cheaply with a few yards of fabric and some basic sewing supplies. In just a few minutes, you can create a custom-fitted cover that will keep your picnic table clean and protected from the elements.