Do you know wigs? I think you’d say, “yes, I know about wigs”. But if you are not a human hair wig user, it may be difficult for you to imagine the rich and interesting culture behind the wig. This article will give you a scientifically sound and interesting introduction. Next, please follow the author’s text to learn about this wonderful world of wigs.
The two major categories of wigs – the comparison of artificial wigs and human hair wigs
Artificial wigs refer to the plastic strands of human hair that are close to the natural state made by technological means. The style and color of this artificial wig are determined at the beginning of the design and can never be processed again after the production is completed. That is, if your wigs are curly wigs, you cannot straighten it with a curling iron or the like. If your wig is a black faux wig, it’s impossible for you to dye it blond or whatever.
Human wigs refer to wigs that are made by collecting the hair of a single wig donor or multiple wig donors and then sewing them onto the cap. The style of the human hair wig is determined at the beginning of production and cannot be changed. It might be quick braided wigs, it might be lace wigs, it might be glueless wigs. The shape of the human hair wig can be remodeled two or more times. That is to say, compared to artificial wigs, human hair wigs can be dyed with hair dye and shaped with a curling iron.
Through the basic comparison of real human hair wigs and artificial wigs, you can find that if you buy a human hair wig, you are buying infinite possibilities. You can straighten it with a curling iron, or make it more curly. You can make your human hair wig any color you want with hair dye. Human hair wigs can give you a creative power to let you use your imagination and artistic talent. And chemical fiber hair will not give you such an experience.
In terms of service life, the service life of human wigs is actually much higher than that of chemical fiber wigs. Note, I’m not kidding. From the actual usage records and data, human hair can generally be used for 6 months to a year. And most artificial wigs can only be used for 3 months, or even 1 month will lose its ideal shape.
This is actually also related to the material of human hair wigs and artificial wigs. As you know, human hair is made of non-perishable proteins. The layers of closed cuticles will make the hair silky and flexible, and also provide full protection. From a microscopic point of view, the hair of an artificial wig is a straight tube of plastic. Any bending and wear applied to this plastic will be permanent and irreparable. Every friction and temperature change will cause irreversible damage to artificial wigs. This is why artificial wig sellers will emphasize in their product introductions, do not use heating rods to heat artificial wigs. This is likely to melt the artificial wig directly. Of course, some artificial wig merchants will use high temperature resistant materials to make artificial wigs, but this still cannot get rid of the limitations of plastic. Read More about hub4u click here cinewap Visit here viewster
To sum up, the practicality of human hair wigs is higher than that of artificial wigs. And this value is also reflected in the price of real hot wigs and artificial wigs. Unsurprisingly, human wigs are generally more expensive than artificial wigs. An average artificial wig might cost you thirty dollars, while a normal human wig would cost you a hundred dollars. From another angle, we can more clearly realize the logical relationship. Specifically, the growth time of human hair is much longer than that of machine-made artificial wigs, and finding and collecting high-quality human hair is a long and laborious process. Time is the most expensive thing. The thing that takes time to harvest will not be cheap. This is why human hair wigs are expensive
How to identify human hair wigs and synthetic hair?
- The most direct way is to query the material table of wig products. Of course, some unscrupulous merchants may play tricks on it. Well-known wig brands generally don’t lie about product materials. What you need to pay attention to is that the wigs which are sold at an extremely cheap price, and claimed real human hair wigs.
- Human wigs are made of real human hair. If you are not sure if your wig is real hair, you can take 4 hairs from the front, side, and back of your wig and burn them one by one with fire. If you can smell the obvious burnt protein, then congratulations, your wig is a human hair wig. If you smell the obvious smell of burning plastic, then your wig is made of synthetic hair or mixed with synthetic hair.
- Under indoor lighting or outdoor sunlight, human hair wigs give people a natural matte feel. Synthetic hair, on the other hand, may have an unnatural sheen.
- Due to its fixed time cost and labor cost, it is difficult to make the price of real hair very low. And chemical fiber hair is often very cheap because it can be manufactured in batches by machines. Of course, it is not surprising that some well-known chemical fiber wig brands will sell their products for five or six hundred dollars.
Cleaning and maintenance of human hair wigs
Human hair wigs are composed of human hair, so its cleaning and maintenance methods should also refer to the cleaning and care methods of human hair. Considering that the human hair wig can be removed from the head for cleaning, you can refer to the following maintenance methods
- Soak the human hair wig in warm water of about forty degrees Celsius (not higher than forty-five degrees Celsius)
- Use a wide-toothed comb or your fingers to fully comb – try to comb out the tangled parts
- Add two pumps of shampoo and carefully clean the oil and dust on the wig
- Rinse with clean water
- Add two pumps of conditioner and apply the conditioner evenly to every part of the wig. During this step, you need to make sure that the conditioner covers as much of the wig as possible. Next, let it sit for 5 minutes – giving your real hair enough time to absorb the nutrients from the conditioner.
- Lather the absorbed conditioner in lukewarm water and comb gently with your fingers or a wide-toothed comb. You can stroke the wig as gently as you would a child.
- Take your human hair wig out of the warm water and rinse it under running water. The purpose of this step is to wash off the excess conditioner on the human hair wig and tighten the cuticles through the heat
- Hang the wig in a cool and airy place. If possible, avoid using a blow dryer during this step, as the hot air will open up the wig’s cuticles again, making the wig frizzy and more prone to tangles.