Originally founded in 1976, University of Phoenix has become one of the largest private universities in the U.S. Serving a diverse population of students from varying economic backgrounds, the University provides access to associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs.
More than an established educational provider, University of Phoenix is among those leading the charge when it comes to e-learning. The University’s Virtual Classroom Experience helps guide students through coursework at a pace that works for them.
Let’s take a closer look at what to expect from a traditional online course at University of Phoenix.
Learning Through Premier Software
University of Phoenix is focused on empowering students to pursue higher learning in the way and at the pace that works best for them. Virtual learning incorporates challenging virtual classes with the undercurrent of flexibility that modern students need to maintain their quality of life and meet existing obligations.
Students accessing their virtual classrooms connect with instructors through Blackboard Ultra, a premier virtual learning platform. Blackboard Ultra supplies students all of the tools that they will need to pursue higher learning on demand.
All students can take advantage of the following in the Blackboard Ultra learning interface:
- Attend Classes
- Manage Global Calendar
- Navigate Grades
- Interact with Faculty and Colleagues
- Receive Instructor Feedback
Utilizing state-of-the-art software like Blackboard Ultra gives students the freedom to learn where and when they have the time.
What sets University of Phoenix apart from similar online institutions is its focus on one-on-one connections. The University offers smaller class sizes to ensure more one-on-one interactions between students and faculty, ensuring progress and a feeling of connection throughout the school year no matter the distance.
What Students Need to Succeed
Attending school and graduating are two entirely different concepts. Online learning is a way to possibly bridge the gap between taking a year off and taking a break from college altogether.
Students looking to learn through a virtual classroom can do so with relatively few required resources. Students attending University of Phoenix need only a handful of items to ensure they can complete coursework. Here are some of the things needed:
- Internet Connection – A reliable internet connection is required to take online coursework. Connections should be fast enough and steady enough to process streaming video, connect in chat rooms and access coursework resources.
- Self-Starting Attitude – Online coursework is an ideal option for the self-motivated individual. With multiple start dates available throughout the year, students can choose the time and date to register that works best for their schedules. Maintaining a self-starting attitude can help students stay on top of their coursework.
- Financing – The University offers competitive pricing, up to $1M in monthly scholarships, and assistance identifying federal financial aid opportunities. Students can work directly with an academic counselor to learn how best to pay their tuition.
What Virtual Classroom Experiences Offer
Education should always be as practical as it is accessible. Students looking to engage with professional faculty with real-world experience can do so through University of Phoenix.
Online learning through the University’s Virtual Classroom can be beneficial in a number of different ways for students looking to get ahead with their learning opportunities.
- Experienced Faculty – All virtual courses are headed by faculty with practical industry experience and instructors averaging 26 years of teaching experience.
- Specialized Attention – By curating smaller class sizes, students and instructors are able to foster more one-on-one connections even across virtual workspaces. This can help students feel connected and supported throughout their studies.
- Large Degree Catalog – University of Phoenix equips students with the courses and degree programs necessary to pursue many high-growth fields. Students can work directly with an academic advisor to select the courses right for them.
Online classes are always available around the clock, allowing students to study and review content when it makes the most sense for them. University of Phoenix also offers resources including career services and an online library to help facilitate higher learning.
University of Phoenix Overview
University of Phoenix provides access to higher education opportunities that can help students develop the knowledge and skills they desire to succeed in life and the workplace. University of Phoenix was founded in 1976 and has been guiding students, specifically adult learners, to graduation ever since.