Did you sustain injuries in a freak accident in Ohio that wasn’t your fault? Depending on the circumstances, you could potentially sue the at-fault party. Personal injury law is complicated and often hard to understand. Instead of trying to determine the worth of your claim, consider lawyering up without further delay. People who hire Ohio injury attorneys have a better chance of getting a fair & higher settlement. With abundant law firms around, how do you choose a good lawyer? We have a few pointers below for your help.
- Make a shortlist. If you know people who have worked with PI lawyers in the past, ask for references. There are also online resources worth relying upon. Check websites like Nolo and Avvo, or just search for local attorneys on Google. Make a shortlist of at least two to three names.
- Meet the lawyer. Most injury attorneys offer a free case evaluation for potential clients. Consider meeting the attorney in person to discuss the worth of your case and other factors that can influence the case.
- Know your lawyer. How long have you been an injury attorney in Ohio? What kind of PI cases do you typically take? Have you worked on similar cases? If yes, what were the outcomes? These are some basic questions you need to ask an attorney.
- Find about the trial experience. Personal injury lawsuits seldom end up in trial, because that is an expensive option and often unnecessary. However, if the case goes to court, you will need a lawyer with experience. Don’t hire an attorney who has never been to the courtroom.
- Know about the fee. Usually, all injury attorneys work on a contingency fee. You only pay the lawyer when you win. It is still important to know the costs and lawyer’s fees in advance. Ask the attorney what you are expected to pay eventually.
- Discuss communication. Is the lawyer available for your injury lawsuit? If yes, how can you expect to communicate with them? Will they respond to calls? How will they share updates on the case? Ask these key aspects before you get an attorney to fight your battle.
- Check reviews. Lastly, don’t forget to check what other clients have to say about an attorney. Online reviews are really handy for comparing options because these are unpaid and genuine testimonials from clients who have worked with the attorney in the past.
Find a reliable lawyer now and get an evaluation for your case.