Claims Management Firm Helps Deal With Bad Landlords

Many tenants have had to deal with bad landlords. In many cases, these landlords are breaking the law, and legal action can be taken to rectify the issue. Tenants can also receive compensation for the inconvenience it causes them. Attorneys on’s panel of solicitors have represented tenants for a range of issues, including disrepair to the property and not protecting the tenants deposit.

What Is Housing Disrepair?

The property is in a condition of “disrepair” if its tenants cannot live safely and comfortably due to its lack of maintenance. Several problems with the rental property’s upkeep might be considered disrepair.

If you’re a renter, the law mandates that your landlord maintain a certain level of maintenance service, which includes:

  • Issues with the roof, such as tiles that are missing or loose;
  • Splits in the structure (maybe as a consequence of subsidence);
  • Cracked and missing mortar joints in masonry;
  • the glass that has failed to seal properly;
  • Exterior doors that are broken or don’t close properly;
  • Mildew and moisture;
  • Problems with the electricity, gas, or water supply;
  • Issues with the temperature of the room or the water supply; Pests maru gujarat.

It may also include the structure and outside of your home, including all drains, gutters, and external pipes; All plumbing, electrical, sewage systems, sinks, tubs, and other sanitary fixtures; and all heating and hot water systems in your home.

The landlord is expected to keep the premises habitable for tenants.

You may be eligible to bring a housing disrepair claim if you have reported an issue of disrepair to your landlord and they have failed to address the issue by carrying out necessary works of repair (within a reasonable period of you notifying them of the problem). If your claim for home damage is rejected, you will not owe any money to the lawyers if you had representation, as it is done on a no-win no fee bases.

When Should you File a Home Disrepair Claim?

Problems that tenants have may include the following:

Mould and Damp

This is the case when a landlord has ignored the growing problem of mould and increasing humidity in a building. Children and the elderly are especially vulnerable to the respiratory and chest complications that might arise from this neglect. They may assist if your landlord denies the existence of moisture or mould in your home or refuses to take action to remove it.

Dangerous Steps and Flooring

People might be seriously hurt if there are floor or stairs problems. They may assist if you have already informed your landlord of the issues with your flooring and stairs, and they still need to fix them.

Power Failure

Power outlets that don’t work correctly provide a severe risk of electrocution and burns. Landlords are responsible for ensuring their tenants’ homes comply with electrical safety standards and that any faulty wiring or outlets are repaired immediately.

Spilling Gas and Water

A house may experience severe damage from gas and water leaks. Even a tiny amount of gas may be fatal. Therefore, any leaks must be addressed promptly. Housing counsellors can assist you if your landlord needs to cooperate more.

Unreliable or Dangerous Heater

It is a requirement of the law that your residence has both heating and running water. You may be entitled to financial restitution if your landlord refuses to replace a broken boiler or heating system.

Other home-related problems

Loose tiles and bricks, rotting doors and window frames shattered fences and gates. Any of these issues can be considered signs of neglected housing.

Infestations caused by rodents, mice, insects, etc.

Ignoring an infestation may cause you a lot of pain and even health problems if it becomes bad enough.

Deposit Refund Requests

There are three distinct deposit methods in use in England and Wales. When you move into a property, your landlord has to secure your security deposit with one of three registered schemes. This includes DPS (Deposit Protection Service), MyDeposits, or TDS (Tenancy Deposit Scheme). The landlord has 30 days to deposit the security deposit you pay into one of these schemes. They will hold it until the end of your lease. If they did protect your deposit, they violated the rules, and you could be entitled to compensation of up to three times the value of your deposit.

If you have yet to receive confirmation that your deposit has been protected within 30 days of paying it, then you can make a claim. One-third of tenants in the study by believed their landlord did not adequately protect their security deposit.

As not everyone can pay legal representation without winning compensation. For this reason, tenancy deposit claims are also no win no fee. You will only pay a fee if they succeed. However, you may be charged a termination fee if you decide to terminate your claim before the cooling-off period.

Leave a Reply

Back to top button